Sun Ho not in prosecution witness list for first tranche of City Harvest members’ trial

city-harvest-church---kong-hee-ho-yeow-sun-499664

Singer Sun Ho is not on the prosecution’s witness list for next week’s trial involving six leaders of the City Harvest Church, one of whom is her husband, Kong Hee.

This was confirmed by the prosecution on Friday afternoon after it met defence lawyers in court to sort out the logistics.

On Tuesday, Channel NewsAsia reported that the first tranche of the trial will see not more than three key prosecution witnesses.

On Friday, prosecution confirmed that they are Ms Lai Bao Ting, former accounts staff of the church, Ms Angie Koh, employee of an accounting firm hired by the church and Director of Xtron Productions, Koh Siow Ngea.

The six leaders, who are battling criminal breach of trust accusations, are president of the church’s management board Kong Hee, vice-president Tan Ye Peng, board member John Lam Leng Hung, investment manager Chew Eng Han and finance managers Sharon Tan Shao Yuen and Serina Wee Gek Yin.

Kong Hee, John Lam Lee Hung, Chew Eng Han, Tan Ye Peng and Serina Wee Gek Yin allegedly misused church buildings funds amounting to S$24 million by channelling the money into two companies, Xtron Productions and PT The First National Glassware (Firna), as bond investments.

This allegedly took place between January 2007 and October 2008.

Chew Eng Han, Tan Ye Peng, Serina Wee Gek Yin and Sharon Tan Shao Yuen are said to have channelled some S$26 million to cover up the first sum.

The same four church leaders also face four counts of conspiring to falsify accounts, said to have happened between April and October 2009.

The funds were allegedly used to boost Sun Ho’s music career.

Channel NewsAsia previously reported there are 10 key prosecution witnesses.

On Friday, the prosecution confirmed that it has another nine potential witnesses, including officers from the Commercial Affairs Department.

The first tranche of the trial will be from 15 May to 23 May 2013.

The court will vacate on 17 May 2013 as it is the annual Malaysia versus Singapore Bench and Bar Games, where lawyers from both countries compete in sports including basketball and tennis.

The second tranche of the trial is set from 26 August to 20 September 2013.

Talks of a third tranche are underway and it is expected to be early next year.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s